CHECK RESTRICTIONS ON USE: In some countries there are restrictions on the use of the Licensed Application. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are legally allowed to use UenMe where you are located. In any case, you affirm that you are over the age of thirteen (13), as the Service is not intended for children under the age of thirteen (13). If you are under the age of thirteen (13), then you are not permitted to not use the Service.
1. Scope of License.
This License is a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to use the Licensed Application on any mobile device or personal computer that you own or control. You may not distribute or make the Licensed Application available over a network where it could be used by multiple mobile devices at the same time. You may not rent, lease, lend, sell, redistribute or sublicense the Licensed Application. You may not copy (except as expressly permitted by this License), decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, modify, or create derivative works of the Licensed Application, any updates, or any part thereof (unless the foregoing restriction is prohibited by applicable law, or permitted by the licensing terms governing the use of any open sourced components of the Licensed Application, if any). Any attempt to do so is a violation of our rights. If you breach these restrictions, you may be subject to prosecution and damages. The terms of the License will govern any upgrades provided by us that replace and/or supplement our Service, unless such upgrade is accompanied by a separate license in which case the terms of that license will govern.
2. Consent to Use of Data.
3. Changes to this License.
UenMe may make changes to the terms of this License from time to time. UenMe will publish the changes at http://uenme.co/terms. The changes will be effective when published. Please review this License on a regular basis. You understand and agree that your acceptance of the terms of this License or your use of the Service after the date of publication of varied terms shall constitute your agreement to the updated terms. If you do not agree with the amended terms, you may terminate your relationship with UenMe in accordance with paragraph 4 below.
- 4.1 The License is effective until terminated by you or us. You may terminate your relationship with UenMe at any time. If you are using our free Service, you may simply cease to use the Service or delete our Licensed Application. UenMe has the right to terminate your rights under this License without notice if you fail to comply with any terms of this License. Upon termination of the License, you shall cease all use of the Licensed Application, and destroy all copies, full or partial, of the Licensed Application.
- 4.2 In addition, UenMe has the right to terminate its relationship with you, or may terminate or suspend your use of the Service at any time:
- 4.2.1 if you are in breach of the terms of this License;
- 4.2.2 if UenMe reasonably suspects that you are using the Service to break the law or infringe third party rights;
- 4.2.3 if UenMe reasonably suspects that you are trying to unfairly exploit or misuse any of our policies;
- 4.2.4 if UenMe reasonably suspects that you are using any of our products or services fraudulently or that your “User Account” is being used by a third party fraudulently;
- 4.2.5 if you have purchased “UenMe Credit” (as defined below) from an unauthorized reseller; or
- 4.2.6 immediately, if required due to a change in law by a regulator or authority with a lawful mandate in any particular territory, or by any of UenMe’s partners;
- 4.3 UenMe shall effect such termination by preventing your access to the Service, where applicable. We reserve the right to cancel User Accounts that have been inactive for more than ninety (90) days.
5. The Service.
- 5.1 Once you have downloaded the Licensed Application and become a UenMe user, you can engage in free video messaging and/or charge or pay for video chats with other users.
- 5.2 The Service also allows users to share status text, photos, videos and other communications (collectively, the “User Submissions”). These User Submissions may be hosted, shared, and/or published as part of the Service, and may be visible to other users of the Service. You acknowledge and agree that any of your User Submissions may be viewed by other users. You retain your ownership rights in your User Submissions. You understand that whether or not such User Submissions are published, UenMe does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any User Submissions. You shall be solely responsible for your own User Submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them. User Submissions do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of UenMe, and UenMe makes no guarantees as to the validity, accuracy or legal status of any User Submission. In connection with your User Submissions, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that: (i) you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize UenMe to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to your User Submissions in the manner contemplated by the Service and this License; and (ii) you have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each identifiable individual person referenced in your User Submission to use their name and likeness in your User Submission. Please note, by submitting the User Submissions to UenMe, you hereby grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform your User Submissions in connection with the Service and UenMe’s (and its successor’s) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant every user of the Service a non-exclusive license to access your User Submissions through the Service. You further agree that you will not violate any of the restrictions listed in Prohibited Uses set forth in paragraph 6.2 below. UenMe does not endorse any User Submissions or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and we expressly disclaim any and all liability in connection with User Submissions. UenMe does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights via its Service, and we will remove all content and User Submissions if properly notified that such content or User Submission infringes on another’s intellectual property rights. To file a copyright infringement notification to us, please follow the instructions at our DMCA Policy.
- 5.3 In the course of using the Service, you may encounter content that may be deemed offensive, indecent, or objectionable. Nevertheless, you agree to use our Service at your sole risk and we shall not have any liability to you for content that may be found to be offensive, indecent, or objectionable. You agree not to exploit the Service in any unauthorized way whatsoever, including but not limited to, trespassing or burdening network capacity.
- 5.4 We make no representation that our Service is available for use in any particular location. To the extent you choose to access our Service, you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws, including but not limited to applicable local laws. We reserve the right to change, suspend, remove, or disable access to our Service at any time without notice. In no event will we be liable for the removal of or disabling of access to our Service. We may also impose limits on the use of or access to our Service without notice or liability.
- 5.5 UenMe may automatically check your version of the Licensed Application. UenMe has no obligation to make available any updates. However, UenMe may (a) require you to download and install updates; or (b) automatically download and install updates to your device.
- 5.6 UenMe does not consider proposals or ideas, including without limitation ideas for new products, technologies, promotions, product names, product feedback and product improvements (“Feedback”) to be confidential information. If you send any Feedback to UenMe through the Site, social networks or otherwise, you acknowledge and agree that UenMe shall not be under any obligation of confidentiality with respect to the Feedback and nothing in this License limits or restricts UenMe’s right to independently use, develop, evaluate, or market products, whether incorporating the Feedback or otherwise.
6. Your Obligations.
- 6.1 You may not:
- 6.1.1 intercept or monitor, damage or modify any communication which is not intended for you;
- 6.1.2 use any type of spider, virus, worm, Trojan horse or any other codes or instructions that are designed to distort, delete, damage, emulate or disassemble the Service;
- 6.1.3 send unsolicited communications (also referred to as “SPAM”) or any communication not permitted by applicable law or use the Service for the purposes of fishing or farming or impersonating or misrepresenting affiliation with another person or entity;
- 6.1.4 expose any third party to material which is offensive, harmful to minors, indecent or otherwise objectionable in any way;
- 6.1.5 use the Service to cause or intend to cause embarrassment or distress to, or to threaten, harass or invade the privacy of, any third party;
- 6.1.6 use (including as part of your name and/or profile picture) any material or content that is subject to any third party proprietary rights, unless you have a license or permission from the owner of such rights;
- 6.1.7 collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Service; or
- 6.1.8 impact or attempt to impact the availability of the Service, with a denial of service (DOS) or distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack.
7. Disclaimer of Warranties. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT USE OF THE SERVICE ARE AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY AND EFFORT IS WITH YOU. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, OUR SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE”, WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OF ACCURACY, OF QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. WE DO NOT WARRANT AGAINST INTERFERENCE WITH YOUR ENJOYMENT OF THE SERVICE OR THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY US SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY. SHOULD THE SERVICE CAUSE ANY DEFECTS, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
8. Limitation of Liability. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR PERSONAL INJURY, OR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, HOWEVER CAUSED, REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY (WHETHER CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) AND EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. In no event shall our total liability to you for all damages (other than as may be required by applicable law in cases involving personal injury) exceed the amount of fifty dollars ($50.00). The foregoing limitations will apply even if the above stated remedy fails of its essential purpose.
9. End Users and Export Control. You will not use or export the Licensed Application or any product or service offered through the Service in violation of any applicable laws or regulations, including without limitation United States export laws and regulations.
10. Payment - UenMe Credit.
- 10.2 Your UenMe Credit is valid for a period of 30 days, (including UenMe Credit that has been allocated to you by a UenMe administrator). After 30 days your UenMe Credit will expire. You can not reactivate the UenMe Credit.
- 10.3 UenMe does not guarantee that you will be able to use your UenMe Credit balance to purchase all features and products. Where UenMe Credit cannot be used to pay for a feature or product, UenMe will make another payment method available to you. UenMe reserves the right to remove or amend the available payment methods at its sole discretion.
- 11.1 If you believe that UenMe has charged you in error, you must contact UenMe within 90 days of such charge. No refunds will be given for any charges more than 90 days old.
- 11.2 UenMe reserves the right to refuse a refund request if it reasonably believes (i) that you are trying to unfairly exploit this refund policy, for example, by making repetitive refund requests in respect of the same product or feature; (ii) if you are in breach of the terms of this License; or (iii) if UenMe reasonably suspects that you are using any of our products fraudulently or that your User Account is being used by a third party fraudulently. This refund policy does not affect any of your statutory rights to pursue a claim.
12. UenMe’s Ownership Rights. The Service, including Licensed Application and any content or information contained therein and all copies thereof, are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and treaties. UenMe or its licensors own the title, copyright, and other intellectual property rights in the Licensed Application and Service and all copies, modifications and derivative works thereof, and the underlying software (including any user Feedback) (“UenMe Technology”), and your use of our Service does not grant to you, nor do you acquire any ownership rights in, the UenMe Technology.
13. Notice and Take Down Procedures; Copyright Agent. We respect the intellectual property rights of others, and require that the people who use the Site, Service and Licensed Application do the same. If you believe that any materials accessible on or from the Service infringes your copyrights, you may request the removal of those materials (or access thereto) by contacting us.
14. Jurisdiction. The laws of the State of California, excluding its conflicts of law rules, govern this License and your use of the Licensed Application. You expressly agree that the courts in the State of California, Los Angeles County have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim or dispute with UenMe or relating in any way to your use of the Licensed Application or the Service. Your use of the Licensed Application and the Service may also be subject to other local, state, national, or international laws.
15. Indemnity. You will indemnify, defend and hold harmless UenMe from and against any and all claims, costs, damages, losses, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of or in connection with any claim arising from or relating to any breach by you of this License.
16. Links to Third Party Websites. The Service may contain links to other third party websites (“Third Party Sites”). These Third Party Sites are provided solely as a convenience to you. Such Third Party Sites are not under UenMe’s control, and UenMe is not responsible for and does not endorse the content of such Third Party Sites, including any information or materials contained on such Third Party Sites. You will need to make your own independent judgment regarding your interaction with these Third Party Sites.
17. Acceptance of License. You affirm that you have the ability to enter into this License. If you are under the age of consent in your jurisdiction to form a binding agreement (and you are more than thirteen (13) years of age), you affirm that you are either an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in this License, and to abide by and comply with this License. The Service is not intended for children under the age of thirteen (13).
18. General. This License is the entire agreement between you and UenMe relating to the Service and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous oral or written communications, proposals and representations with respect to the Service or any other subject matter covered by this License. If any provision of this License is held to be void, invalid, unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions shall continue in full force and effect. This License may not be modified or amended except as described herein by UenMe or otherwise with the written agreement of UenMe.